Sunday

Politics

Basically, I'd probably be playing a human on a role-playing server rofl.
Okay, I'll try not to write about WoW.


So, despite the fact that AP Government was interesting as hell, I really do hate politics, and people who devote their lives to it.
To be honest, we need politics to survive. Without some form of government, efficacious voters, and people willing to change the world, we'd all fall apart into Anarchy (sorry, Joey).
But if politics were as simple as sorting a list of people for the most suitable leaders, we'd all be in heaven. It's the unfortunately human aspects of this seemingly calculating art that I dislike. I saw a campaign ad for McCain the other day and was angrily unsurprised at the montage of pictures presented before me. An incredibly handsome, gun-toting, ammo-wearing young war hero stared viewers straight in the eye, while grand IV-V chords played in the background.

I did like Obama's ad better, simply because it wasn't so cliche.

But it all comes down to the fact that THESE ARE THE SAME ADS YOU SEE EVERY DAMN CAMPAIGN, and the government textbooks have them all laid out in categories. Why are we watching this? Am I supposed to go, "omg! What a patriotic hottie!" I'm just sick of my intelligence being insulted.

I'll vote for someone whom I think is smart and honest. I don't give a shit about what they've done or what they claim they will do. (Obama did drugs?! Wow by the looks of McCain in his younger days he probably had more fun overseas than you'd think!)
All these ads, all these visiting sick children or some other stereotypically kind deeds, they're just for show. The media loves them. Everyone else should love them too.

Yes, politics are good. And most people really SHOULD spend their entire lives obsessing over it, but others have a higher calling. And it doesn't involve thinking about small businesses and taxes all day or being wooed by pretty slideshows on screens.

No comments: