Friday

Memoranda

How could I quit you?




(This post is for people who are not going where I'm going. Otherwise, don't forget to pack nail clippers.)



I wasn't sad when I left for middle school. I wasn't sad when I left for high school. All i remember was the "omg, how many classes do we have together?" discussion and the I'll-take-whatever-comes-my-way philosophy. Grade school was a heaven, because we had limited time and places to be with each other. If you didn't know how your friendships could make it, your superiors will find a way to make it for you.

People hated that. People hate the lack of freedom we've had to go through. And yet, I miss it terribly, because it kept us close.


I remember the good old days... when Brian had a fro, Ryan gelled his hair, and Patrick did not seem to know what a girl was. And Dustin said "cheese!" (or at least we said he said cheese).
I remember colorful notebooks filled with half-baked thoughts and endless rants about what we couldn't have, things that should have happened, and the fact that said rants were written in bad handwriting. I even turned that shit into my english class "OMG YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME TODAY!!! <3",>

The rest of high school was a constant flux. I met people who would change my life more than I'll ever really let them know. They shaped me slowly, and it wasn't for the best, but real life slowly dawned on me. It was inevitable and terrifying, a saddening and eye-opening experience. Slowly, I matured-- quieted down, mellowed out...and occasionally belted out my musical love too.

But you guys have been here since the beginning. We've been through so much awesome and funny shit together. I can think of about a million times I've been happy just because I was hanging out with you. I remember all the bad haircuts (there were many), the bad outfits (oh god, Brian-- red, orange, and light blue?), and the worst of heartbreaks and the ways we healed each other through them.
The hacky sack escapades, the vending machine beatups, and the frisbee-dps-to-car-windows.
The music, the moments...*eminem mode*. But really, the music was good.
The pokes, the prods, the card games, the explosive carbonated drinks, and other movement on the bus. And homework on the bus. And hugs on the bus. And everything on the bus.



I was sad at Patrick's birthday party because, I was laughing my ass off. And everyone was there. And everyone was happy. And all was fun and well.




I miss you guys. But like WoW, I won't quit you.
See you soon. <3>

No comments: