Sunday

The Shadow Stair

Don't you ever feel like you've been destined
For something bigger than your skin?





It was so good to watch Slumdog millionaire, then listen to Razia's Shadow. The former actually had a killer soundtrack as well.



And I hope it's all true.
I saw what they did,


Yes, such arrogance!




The album is... a beautifully crafted tale filled with intricate musical strands and wonderfully choreographed emotional outbursts, as well as Zangarmarsh-like passages of quietude. A dance of many voices-- the sadistic witch doctor (reminding me of all my favorite video games), the youthful pull of the protagonist, the absolutely entrancing voice of the princess, and of course, the easy, forthright narrator. Fit for Broadway yet meant for rock opera-- a return to the times of Disney as well, Razia's shadow will hopefully be more than just a concept album. If mainstream music and theater knows whats good for them, they should let this hit the scene.
Applause, Thomas Dutton.



This is more than divine decree,
it's his destiny.


----- ----- ----- -----
Was I inexorably attracted to waking up all those around me?
Or just you.

Egged on by inevitability

Like a shopping card that leans to the right.





There are some instances in life when you find out what it means.


1. Like when I swung the racket with all the apathy in my arm and it soared.

2. Or when I saw him in the studio

"I was up too late the night I did this,"

and wanted to have fast forwarded four years

three years ago.





Did that someone have to eventually do us in?

Where would you and I be without them?

You'd probably still be high,
and I,

I'd probably still be laughing to a point where my stomach hurt
which constitutes the only physical pain I enjoy.






I love your daughter
and she,
well she loves me back.






I smiled at how
you tried to match wits
with me--
with history.





No comments: