Friday

Universal Constant

On the dance floor, we liked to call ourselves the blonde-brunette quadrangle, a seamster’s patchwork of forgiveness, 'til the semester tide took us all.


How can there be so many intelligent, creative people out there, imaginations that run parallel, a Jacob’s ladder of thoughts intertwined, who don’t want to be together? Who don’t have a longing within them to seek out the rest, form covenants of friendship and unite across a landscape of mental destitution?


My friends-at-hearth, my iron council, my immoral high standard – that they’re part of the reckoning they’ll little know. Watching from above, unconditionally and unknowingly
helping me set my curse upon little hazel-eyed hearts.
As for me,
I’ll keep my mouth shut, I’ll keep it all to myself, I won't let it out, I promise.
I’ll try, I promise. Perhaps.
I tried.


But where there is safety from the wrath of judgment and super-humanity, love is free.



After All These Years, and so many more to come, we’ll be “together”.
Only in being alone may you find time to observe loneliness from afar.




No comments: