Saturday

Here's a down-to-earth post.

I feel pretty comfortable saying whatever's on my mind to a few people, especially Dennis because he can take the heavy things or the abstract and useless remarks and run with them. It's a fearless environment, which I can't say for a good number of other people at this point. Thanks, other friends who can't talk to me about anything because it "gets personal" or "I'm too scared to talk about this."

Michael's right, asians have status-related standards that are too high. Gotta go to Harvard, gotta go to Yale. Gotta keep impressing each other.
And I can't help being impressed right now but I'm going to try to stick with my caucasian love-is-all-you-need ideals.


I'm tired of having close friends who don't like the things I think I do best
and I'm a little tired of not being close enough to those who do:
I used to be able to dismiss things I didn't like with a single quip too. "this is dumb." But is that really what we're here to do? Think we're better than everyone else?







No comments: