Sunday

A LION'S SHARE

I am by no means religious,
but I'll write this metaphor.
And don't you dare dismiss a word of it.




Someone once asserted, hypothetically,
that God loves everyone, and a true believer is one who makes every effort to love him back.
The nothingness is what happens when you actively reject him.


What I have is something.
And the wholeness that envelopes me from this something is perhaps an earthly equivalent of the concept of heaven. You could equate me to a secular version of a believer.
I feel, with so much passion, that what I have should be shared.
That everyone deserves to have a few spoonfuls of contentedness and happiness, or whatever positivity I've been gifted.

And you know that I try. Like a fool grasping to convert those far too occupied with their lives, I try.
I'm pelted with "Why do you try so hard?" and "Why do you even care?"
"You're wasting your time."


Perhaps.
And when you reject me, the consequences are never immediate.
But as God will keep loving the nonbelievers,
I will keep trying.



Am I the kind of person to throw things away?










No comments: