Friday


said baby I gotta keep this phone call short, keep it business alright? Cuz I gotta life to lead and I got work to do and no disrespect to you old boy but there's shit to be done and hell to pay and it's killin me cuz you're up in my day up in the evenin hours and nobody knows who you are cuz you've disappeared all to nothin over the years but now you're all rolled back in here somehow and suddenly I'm face down on my bed with my head in my pillow buried and I've got my voice drawled out and I don't know what we're talkin about but it's not the work I gotta do for tomorrow just to make it through the day and now we're askin out loud those questions we don't ask other people cuz they won't understand that we're just two lonely dogs sittin across the miles and years of where-you-been and we ain't ever gonna see each other again but I've got respect for you and just to hear that you're not dead that you're still alive but honey I gotta hang up now, and ain't neither of us going to reconcile our feelings with the world, never gonna fix ourselves and I gotta put the phone down soon, get back to work but

don't you worry old boy cuz somewhere inside the both of us are still beatin'.







No comments: